2005 chicago chicago police department chicago violence chuck grassley CPD d.c. Dead on Arrival debt ceiling epa Fat Leonard fox news Government weed hannity james comey James Inhoffe Leonard Glenn Francis lindsey graham marines megyn kelly Monkia Crowley muriel bowser neil gorsuch nude photo nude photo scandal political jihad Preet Baharara pt News Brief rachel maddow Robert Neller Rod Rosenstein roger ailes RyanCare scott pruitt senate judiciary committee sheldon whitehouse snow ball thom tillis treasury department trump budget trump tax returns TrumpCare U.S. Attorney us attorney Zachary Fardon
Comey, Come Out To Play-ay! Wonkagenda For Wed., March 15, 2017
Morning Wonketariat! Here's some of the things we may be talking about today.
- Rachel Maddow released some of Trump's tax returns last night and immediately broke all the Interwebz! So, yes, Trump paid (a few) tax monies (in 2005), but we don't still don't know from who, what, or where in the world that money came. [MORNING MADDOW!]
- Republicans are sheepishly admitting that TrumpCare/RyanCare is dead on arrival (which should surprise nobody) so now they're suggesting changing a few things that might keep potential Republican leaning voters alive. [Archive]
- Trump and his minions are worried that if their plan to derail healthcare fails then Trump's budget will too as it hinges on tax cuts for the rich, shattering the federal government, and dragging red state Democrats along for the ride.
- Sheldon Whitehouse and Lindsey Graham are combining their politicking powers to smoke James Comey out of hiding to talk about Trump and Russia, and even Chuck Grassley is threatening to hold up the confirmation of Rod Rosenstein unless Comey briefs the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- The Treasury Department would appreciate if you didn't talk about the debt ceiling limit for a while because fiscal conservatives in Congress might look like a bunch of partisan hacks and hypocrites. [Archive]
- A Navy admiral and several of senior Navy officials are accused of having a sexxy "raging multi-day party, with a rotating carousel of prostitutes" at a hotel in Manila in 2008 that included grifting, fancy watches, cigars, and booze hosted by military contractor "Fat Leonard" Francis, and that's just the start!
- While the military looks into who doxxed and shared nude photos of female soldiers on the Internet, some people in Congress want to publicly name the guilty, and strip them of their military benefits.
- Even though Preet Bharara is gone, Fox News is still going to court over its "sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult" operations, and the fallout of Roger Ailes's grab-ass games still hasn't settled as some former personalities like Megyn Kelly are still finalizing their exits.
- Monica Crowley just registered herself as a foreign lobbyist for a pro-Russian oligarch from Ukraine who really wants his country to bend over for Putin. Huh.
- Neil Gorsuch may have gotten a boost to his SCOTUS status from a secret money honey whom Gorsuch has helped win a multi-million dollar legal case or two.
- Remember that dickhead Senator who held a snowball on the floor of the Senate and said it was proof climate change was bullshit? Well, a bunch of aides from Sen. James Inhofe have been hired at the EPA under Scott Pruitt.
- The former U.S. attorney for Chicago wrote a letter detailing his "Top 5" suggestions for curbing violence in Chicago, and for some silly reason it doesn't involve bringing the military to kill everyone! No wonder he was "You're Fired!"
- LOL! Everyone is super mad at Rachel Maddow this morning! Hannity thinks it's a "political jihad" (whatever that means), Trump is denying everything, and even Internet nerds are butthurt that she made everyone wait until the B block. LOLOLOL We Love You Bunches Rachel Maddow (and crew)!
- Government weed is some ugly, pencil-shavings-with-pine-needles bullshit that is somehow being used for medical research, and that's making some doctors really mad.
- City officials in D.C. still aren't exactly sure why Trump called Mayor Muriel Bowser to the Oval Office last night, but the rumor mill is that the administration was terrified of 2.5 inches of snow.
- Here's your Late Night Wrap-Up! Seth Meyers found the best dating app for Trumpkins, and Stephen Colbert gave his monologue as Rex Tillerson's alter ego, Wayne Tracker.
- And here's your morning Nice Time! Baby Fiona's got a new crib!
Hey! We're only here because of the generosity of readers like you! So, if you like funny independent 'splainerings, why not donate/subscribe?