afghanistan british people congress failed terrorism important business news joe kennedy ii pt daily briefing recess ted kennedy terrorism
Congress' Summer Recess Fun Is Very Much Over!
- A special "Welcome Back" to America's congress, Congress, who have just returned from the least fun recess ever. They will now be expected to figure out a health care plan for a citizenry who insist that eating each other's limbs is an effective means by which to debate health care plans. [Washington Post]
- People who know about such things disagree over whether sending more ground forces to Afghanistan will prevent future terrorist attacks or whether the key is doing a grassroots thing, whereby the Afghans learn to hate terrorism on their own. [New York Times]
- Oh good: jobless Americans have taken to forming quasi ad-hoc local militia supplements to our country's police forces. [Wall Street Journal]
- Macaroni virtuosos Kraft Foods will purchase Cadbury, they of the Eggs, whether Cadbury likes it or not. [Reuters]
- Joe Kennedy II will not be running for Ted Kennedy's Senate seat, making the race a novel Kennedy-less one so far. [Los Angeles Times]
- Three British men were convicted on charges of unsuccessful terrorism for their botched plan to blow up seven North America-bound planes. [AP]