Daily Briefing: All By Himself?
• Novak suggests Plame's name may have come from a directory, meaning "he might well have figured it out by himself." However, the book did not indicate her affiliation with the CIA. [NYT]
• Intelligence indicates Iran is a decade away from having the ability to make nuclear weapons; timeframe contrasts White House account. [WP]
• Medicaid has added 13m recipients in 5 years; one in three Americans now receive government health care. [USAT]
• Bush's nominations designed to "reassert executive prerogatives lost under predecessor and limit public access to the internal workings of government." [WP]
• Administration's "reforms [of the UN] are well on their way to completion," says official. [NYT]
• "No clear winner" in fight over Bolton, says professor. [USAT]
• Romney underlines his conservative resume with eye on '08. [NYT]