Daily Briefing: The Union Forever!
- Senate approves bill on terror detainees that detains civil rights. [WP, NYT]
- House approves warrantless wiretapping program, making it less illegal than it sounds. [NYT]
- Congressional races use "think globally, pander locally" campaign approach. [WP]
- Jack Abramoff claims he was at the White House 400 times over 3 years. Of course, he "had a penchant for exaggerating." [WP, NYT]
- "The Hewlett-Packard scandal turned into a spectacle Thursday as a House committee brought all those involved to a packed hearing room on Capitol Hill." [NYT, LAT]
- Bob Woodward's new book piles on criticism of the Bush White House. [NYT]
- Just like the battle of Bull Run: George Allen attacked on his flank - by the confederacy. [WP]