Did You Know Other Governors, In History, Have Also Done Weird Things?
An important new Associated Press topical article notes that exactly five other governors in American history have done something weird, while in office. So nature-boy mountain lamer Mark Sanford is not alone! Come out of the closet, Mark, and come back to America.
According to the AP, here are the historic oddballs:
- Jimmie Davis, governor of Louisiana during the making of O Brother Where Art Thou: Was a hillbilly singer who did that "You Are My Sunshine" song, also hated the darkies.
- Lester Maddox, governor of Georgia, maybe still today: Rode a bicycle backwards, hated the Negro.
- Jesse Ventura, governor of Mexico: Grumbly ex-wrestler, hated Norm Coleman.
- Rod Blagojevich, governor of ethics: Crazy hair, hated being governor.
- Eliot Spitzer, governor of prostitution and Wall Street: Weird little jackass, hates his wife and children.
And there you have it, according to the AP: America's wackiest governors in History!
A look at odd behavior by US governors [Associated Press]