booze chinatown dinner drink food free food gossip pt food/booze news! veganism wa drink wa food wine
Drinks For People Interested In Veganism & 'Fun'
- Thursday, Feb. 12: DC Vegan is hosting an event at the Science Club to connect with vegans in the community. You don't have to be a vegan to go, but, as their website says, you should have an interest in "animal rights" and "a little after-work fun." Cash bar, 7PM. [DC Vegan Drinks]
- Feb. 14-Feb. 15: The DC International Wine and Food Festival is this weekend, at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center. More than 1,100 wines will be available for sampling and you'll get a chance to mingle with DC celebrity chefs. But don't get too excited -- tickets are $85 per day.
- Weekly: It's free Red Beans and Rice night every Monday at The Red and The Black, with the minimum purchase of two drinks. Monday is Red Beans and Rice night in New Orleans, too! [The Red and The Black]
- DC's favorite Food Network star Warren Brown is writing a monthly recipe column for Brightest Young Things. Now you can make fancy cupcakes at home without spending an arm and a leg for them at his bakery, CakeLove. [Brightest Young Things]
- Chinatown is adding to its collection of foreign-owned restaurant chains. Wagamama, a noodle shop from Britain, is expected to open later this year. [DCist]
- In celebration of Chinese New Year, Mie N Yu is promoting their Chinese Chef Tasting Menu, a five course dinner for $55. The meal highlights traditional Chinese flavors using local, organic ingredients. An extra $20 gets you cocktail pairings, but at that point, you'll probably be happy with tap water. [Metro Mix]