Europe Shows Off And Photos Take Over DC
Saturday, November 7 through Sunday, November 29: Lost In Yonkers, a play about a very dysfunctional Jewish family, will make you 1) regret your decision to go home for Thanksgiving and 2) crave a delicious corned beef sandwich. [Theater J]
- Saturday, November 7: An event called the "American Freedom Festival" is happening at George Mason University's Patriot Center. We'll let you imagine the topic, but it seems like it's a guaranteed "fun" way to spend a Saturday night. [American Freedom Festival]
- Saturday, November 7 through Sunday, November 8: In case you didn't score tickets to the National Christmas Tree Lighting, and you don't care to attend the equally as awesome Menorah lighting, don't worry, you do have the opportunity to build a Christmas tree out of Legos. [Lego Master Build]
- Saturday, November 7 through Saturday, November 14: Do you like to take photos and/or stare longingly at photographs? Well, you're in luck: It's FotoWeek DC and there are plenty of photo exhibitions all over the District. [FotoWeek DC]
- Saturday, November 7 through Tuesday, November 24: What are the odds, a film festival at AFI. The European Union Film Showcase features plenty of excellent European films -- possible Oscar contenders! -- and you can see them now, before anyone knows how good they actually are. [AFI]
- Theater To Look Forward To: Showboat, As You Like It, Camelot, and the Nutcracker are all about to open at various theaters in and around DC.