March 09, 2006 09:30 AM
EVERY RESTAURANT ON THE HILL TO CLOSE
Some other possible outcomes of the new ban on lobbyist-bought meals:
* This law will be flat-out ignored.
* The definition of "meals" will change.
* Bag lunches for everyone! Packed with love by Patton Boggs! PB & J for you, Senator Reid, mixed greens salad for you, Sen. Murkowski, and for Sen. Feingold, a delicious shake. With notes inside saying "you're a very special Senator." Oh, and checks.
* The tragic end of the Russell Building's Pizza Party Fridays (sponsored by Domino's and Altria). And tomorrow they were gonna watch Independence Day!
* Santorum will starve to death by April.
Senators Vote to Forgo Lobbyist-Bought Meals [WP]
Related:Senator Resumes Lobbyist Huddles [WP]