Ford: Carter a Loser, Reagan a Moron
Yet more double-secret-probation Gerald Ford interviews have been revealed, this time from the vaults of the Grand Rapids Press. Jerry Ford was the kind of pretend president who gave these kind of interviews not only to Bob Woodward, but also to his hometown newspaper in Michigan. Who knows what secrets have yet to be unveiled by the Palm Desert Sun?!
* Best president of Ford's lifetime: Dwight D. Eisenhower.
* "It makes me very irritated when Reagan's people pound their chests and say that because we had this big military buildup, the Kremlin collapsed."
* Nixon was a "foreign policy master."
* Bill Clinton and JFK: "Overrated."
* "Jimmy Carter was a disaster, particularly domestically and economically. I have said more than once that he was certainly the poorest president in my lifetime."
* But ... "He was a very decent, fine individual. There were no major mistakes. There just weren't a lot of exciting results."
* Reagan was "probably the least well-informed on the details of running the government of any president I knew."