FOUR MORE YEARS! Liveblogging Bush's Greatest Speech
Begun this liveblogging has ....
* Oh, he's standing in front of the bookshelf again.
* Did he just say Iraq's constitution "opposes the rule of law"?
* "Success will take months" .... So the SURGE didn't work, either.
* Wow, Bush celebrated four years of murder with a conference call.
* "Still in the beginning stages."
* "Needs more time to take effect."
* I hear camera shutters, which is probably just a clever sound effect done with ProTools.
* OMG the Iraqi prime minister actually briefly visited one part of the country where everybody wants to blow him up.
* More Iraq Spending Now!
* From commenter JamesMichaelCurley: "Some Bozo in the Executive Office ACTUALLY ADVISED Bush to remind us that this war has gone on 116 days longer than World War II?"
* "Pack up and go home" is Bush's new "cut and run."
* Rat Eyes thinks getting troops out of Iraq would be "satisfying." So "we cannot allow this to happen."
* 9/11! 9/11! 9/11!
* Hey you guys (and gals) who got killed or maimed or driven insane by Bush's folly: He appreciates it.
* That was it? THAT WAS FUCKING IT?
* Immediate response from Fox News: "It's a strong message."