Gossip Roundup: What Would Peter Do?
The Daily Briefing is on vacation.
• Inside the Beltway:Lance Armstrong dined at DC Coast last night (chilled cuke soup, tuna tartare). . . . Board members of the American Conservative Union don fake mustaches in support of John Bolton. . . . Liberal group liberal. [WT]
• Karen Feld: Bob Johnson's ex, Sheila Johnson, to marry the judge that granted her divorce; wedding to take place Sept. 24 and feature cakes by Oprah's baker and entertainment by Patti LaBelle. . . Willard Hotel opens new spa. . . WH shuts down deed bidding. [DCX]
• Page Six:Jon Klein's vision for CNN: "King asked Anderson a whopping 13 questions about her breasts, including, 'What size [are your breasts]'" and, 'They expand on camera?'". [NYP]
• Cindy Adams: Dems dub GOP's summer "An episode of 'The Sopranos.'" [NYP]
• Liz Smith: ABC'ers bracelets ask "What would Peter do?" . . . . Dennis Kucinich and bride had marathon lip-lock. . . Texas Book Festival Oct. 28 to feature President Bill Clinton, Salman Rushdie, David McCullough, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Garry Wills, and gubernatorial candidate Kinky Friedman. [NYP]