bobby jindal bp disasters gulf of mexico Islands of Doctor Jindal louisiana oil spill pt oily pelicans stupid crazy high taxes taxes things on fire top hat top kill
Happy 100th Birthday, Deepwater Horizon!
- Remember the Islands of Doctor Jindal? Well it turns out that the future president of 'Merica may be wrong after all.
Washington elitesSeveral scientists from local universities and aquatic research centers have signed letters and sent postcards saying he is an idiot who likes to wear fur coats while looking good on the teevee. [New Orleans Times-Picayune]
- Officials say that because everything is now "back to normal," they're going to remove containment booms across the region before hurricane season really takes off. [Mobile Press-Register]
- Guess what happens when the tax code is so dense and complex that only big corporations with armies of lawyers and accountants can understand it? Give up? BP is expected to take advantage of the extremely complex federal tax labyrinths and claim a $10 billion tax credit. [Market Watch]
- OH GREAT! Another farking oil spill in the farking Gulf of farking Mexico. Why don't we just kill everything and light what's left on fire? [Biloxi Sun Herald]
- One of the largest oil spills (840,000 gallons) in the history of the Midwest is threatening Lake Michigan. Uhh. [Detroit Free Press]