Happy National Meth Day!
We hope you're feeling totally wired for Meth Day! The US Department of Justice has set up a website celebrating this cherished American holiday. On it, we learned:
* "Meth can be taken by swallowing, snorting, smoking, or injecting it with a hypodermic needle."
* "meth can be manufactured using a variety of store bought chemicals."
* "The most common ingredient in meth is pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, commonly found in cold medicine. Through a cooking process the pseudoephedrine or ephedrine is chemically changed into meth. The ingredients that are used in the process of making meth can include: ether, paint thinner, Freon®, acetone, anhydrous ammonia, iodine crystals, red phosphorus, drain cleaner, battery acid, and lithium (taken from inside batteries)."
* "Cooking meth is relatively simple"
* "labs can be set up in homes, motel rooms, inside automobiles, and in parks or rural areas -- really almost anywhere."
* "Using meth causes an increase in energy and alertness, a decrease in appetite, and an intense euphoric 'rush.'"
Wow, sign us up!
The best part of National Meth Day, of course, is that it'll last until Sunday at the earliest.
Meth Awareness Homepage [USDOJ]