Here Is Where To Throw All Your Cash Money For #GivingTuesday (OW! OW! STOP IT! DON'T STOP!)
BUT THIS TUESDAY IS GOOD, BECAUSE IT IS #GIVINGTUESDAY!
You might have seen in the various "How To Live Under Autocratic Death Hitler Trump Regimes" posts flying around Facespace that one of the big things we need to be doing over the next few years, starting right now, is committing to things WITH OUR DOLLARS. Be a part of holding up the institutions we hold near to our hearts and to our panties, but mostly our hearts, because we are not gross! And it just so happens that after Black Friday and Small Business Saturday and Salacious Sunday and Cybersexual Monday, we find ourselves today on #GIVINGTUESDAY! It is a thing and a day and also a hashtag!
So if you are rocking out with your cock out, and by "cock" we mean "wallet you want to use to give dollars to good causes," here are nine or eleventy or a million causes we think are worth your money dollars:
- Planned Parenthood and NARAL and the Center For Reproductive Rights and all the amazing women's health and reproductive rights organizations out there who will be on the front lines against Vice President-Elect Mike Pence's burning plans to force women to have funerals for their fetuses, right up until Trump's Supreme Court tries to ban abortion.
- Doctors Without Borders and Oxfam and Amnesty International and those buy-a-goaters at Heifer International, obviously, because God knows what Trump's trigger finger is going to bomb, or what other havoc he's going to wreak on the rest of the known universe.
- THAT DEMOCRATIC SENATE CANDIDATE WE TOLD YOU ABOUT, FOSTER CAMPBELL. Give him dollars to help make the Senate just that much stronger in the age of Trump. Also too, give to your local politicians and US Congresscritters, if they are good Democrats, and also the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC).
- The ACLU and the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund and the Center For Constitutional Rights and all the other organizations that will be on the front lines of standing for our constitutional rights and against hate. Oh, and for voting rights AND voting participation, throw money dollars at the Brennan Center for Justice and Rock The Vote.
- The National Immigration Law Center and Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund, for immigrants' rights.
- To support refugees, there is the International Refugee Assistance Project and HIAS.
- The National Center For Lesbian Rights (NCLR) and the Trevor Project and Cyndi Lauper's True Colors Fund, for LGBT equality, LGBT suicide prevention and ending LGBT homelessness, in that order.
- Everytown For Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense In America, you know, for some fucking sense in our gun laws.
- Oh God, have you heard Donald Trump thinks global warming is a Chinese hoax and his transition's EPA point person is climate change denier Myron Ebell? You should give some money to the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) and the National Center for Science Education (NCSE) and the Sierra Club and any others you can think of that fight for real science and global warming awareness and action. Barring that, just buy some stocking stuffers for Angela Merkel, since she's the leader of the free world now, which means the weight of saving the world from a fiery global warming death is on her shoulders, we guess.
- Healthcare! Oh god, based on what we've learned so far, healthcare is about to get FUCKED in this country. So give to the Patient Access Network and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and things like that! For healthcare!
- Find your local organizations! Wonkette Robyn suggested the Chicago Coalition For The Homeless, which is in Chicago! We live in Memphis and are big fans of Choices (Memphis Center For Reproductive Health) and OUT Memphis, which is about all things Gay and BLT. What town do you live in? Whether it is New York or Buck Shart, Texas, we know there are amazing organizations doing amazing work in your community. Find them and get your name printed in the program for their next awards ceremony, by doing dollars to them!
- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL ARTS AND YOUR NATIONAL ARTS! And even your regional arts, also too! You know what artsy stuff you're into, figure it out for yourself.
- And finally, we're gonna need to support good REAL journalism during the coming Tribulation, so we're gonna suggest you throw gold coins at Mother Jones and ProPublica and Talking Points Memo, and give/subscribe to any other publications/websites you know to do hard-hitting, good, investigative journalism. OH AND WONKETTE, YOU WILL NEED DICK JOKES AND GOOD WRITING AND JOURNALISM TOO, GIVE WONKETTE THE MONEYS.
Yay, that is so many choices! Pick one or pick five or give one million dollars to all of them, and we will all survive this. Or if you can't afford anything, donate your time and your old pants and things like that!
There are so many ways to help and give back, and there's no excuse not to, unless your excuse is you are a loser-ass fart-knob, in which case you keep doing you.
YAY #GIVINGTUESDAY! YOU JUST DID SUCH A GOOD JOB POURING OUT YOUR WALLETS AND YOUR HEARTS! GO YOU!