Let's Have A Dolly Parton Dance Party, Because #ShesWithHer (Probably)
But did you hear Dolly Parton is supporting Hillary? Here is her adorable quote, because her quotes are always adorable:
Hillary might make as good a president as anybody ever has. I think no matter if it’s Hillary or Donald Trump, we’re gonna be plagued with PMS either way — presidential mood swings! But I personally think a woman would do a great job. I think Hillary’s very qualified. So if she gets it, I’ll certainly be behind her.
That came from this New York Times interview, which is a lovely read. Would you believe Dolly's quote made Dead Breitbart commenters stomp 'n' holler in illiterate rage and cancel their upcoming trips to Dollywood? It's true! And it may have led Dolly to semi-walk back her statement of support, saying she "hasn't decided" who she's voting for. Whatever, Dolly, we heard you the first time, and we are sorry some of your fans are pigs.
Let's listen to another Dolly song. This is one of our favorites:
- Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - "Cry Freedom" (live at Luther College)
- Joseph Arthur - "Barriers"
- Angélique Kidjo feat. Peter Gabriel - "Salala"
- Deniro Farrar feat. Nacho Picasso - "Walkin' Out"
- Bobby Long - "Sad Woman Blues"
- Kyler England - "Battle Cry"
- Patty Griffin - "Peter Pan"
- Plan B - "ill Manors"
- Michael Chapman - "Memphis In Winter"
- Green River Ordinance - "On Your Own"
We can very honestly report that this is one of the highest quality playlists we have had in this series. Also, fuck off, Dave Matthews haters.
Here is your music:
Evan Hurst is the managing editor of Wonkette, which means he is the boss of you, unless you are Rebecca, who is boss of him. His dog Lula is judging you right now.
Follow him on Twitter RIGHT HERE.