cherry blossom festival german foodz national geographic pt food/booze news! sausage sushi wa drink wa food
New Italian Restaurant Potenza Opens Near White House -- Will the Obamas Eat There?
- Tuesdays: Cafe Mozart, a German deli on H St. NW, is selling draft beers for a reduced price during happy hour every Tuesday. Be sure to order something sausagey from the bar menu -- their wurst selection is supposed to be off the hook. [Cafe Mozart]
- New: If you work near the White House, you know that the area is a culinary wasteland. Lucky for you, Potenza, a new Italian restaurant, bakery and wine shop, just opened up last week and is one block away. Their food is pretty affordable, and the menu offers authentic and unique Italian dishes aside from the usual pizza and pasta. [Potenza]
- Cherry Blossom Festival Specials: Cafe MoZU on Maryland Ave. NW is having cherry blossom-themed menu specials, including a cherry chocolate cone dessert, a bento box that includes cherry blossom mashed potatoes (maybe it's dyed pink?) and sushi rolls. [Gayot]
- Daily: The Third Edition in Georgetown features half-off main courses during happy hour on weekdays. Go on Friday, when it's fish and chips day -- so good! [The Third Edition]
- Wednesday, April 1: Sorry guys, but National Geographic's Taste of Japan sushi and sake festival is sold out. [Cherry Blossom Festival]