ahmadinejad" bombings david paterson g20 obama at the un pt daily briefing sec significant things that happened in the world of teevee the emmy awards
Obama Is Meeting With So Many Foreigns, In America!
- The teevee shows Mad Men and 30 Rock LITERALLY WON the Emmy Awards last night. [New York Times]
- President Obama will visit the UN for the first time next week, as will, presumably, some very excited sixth graders from North Jersey. Both will be avoiding Ahmadinejad and Gaddafi. [Times Online]
- The jealous gossips of the SEC might make Bank of America and Merrill Lynch spill all the details about their initial tryst, even though normally this sort of thing is protected under attorney-client privilege and none of anyone else's business anyway. [New York Times]
- The fellows from Brooklyn who perhaps intended to blow it up are in even bigger trouble now that police unearthed handwritten bombing cheat sheets. [WSJ]
- All the count-y countries are gearing up for the G20, which is being held in Pittsburgh, meaning Obama will have to convince the world's leaders to follow his economic agenda after he has just forced them to come to Pittsburgh. [Reuters]
- David Paterson is committed to losing the race for governorship of New York despite Obama warning him that as eager as Paterson might be to suffer this public embarrassment, it will be bad for other people (like: the Democrats) too. [CNN]