Oh Fiddlesticks, Paul Simon Might Be Retiring. Your Weekly Dance Party
“Showbiz doesn’t hold any interest for me,” Mr. Simon said. “None.”
Here is why you might consider believing him.
At 74, he often needs 15 hours of sleep at a stretch. The other day, performing in Philadelphia, he looked out from the stage and was surprised to see four mountains on the horizon. When he put on his glasses, he realized the mountains were actually big white tents. His voice has held up far longer than he had any right to expect but needs frequent days of rest. [...]
“It’s an act of courage to let go,” Mr. Simon said. “I am going to see what happens if I let go. Then I’m going to see, who am I? Or am I just this person that was defined by what I did? And if that’s gone, if you have to make up yourself, who are you?”
FAIR ENOUGH. Also too, if his last concert is indeed to be July 1 (Friday) in Queens, it'll be the end of an incredible career, and yr Wonkette will be able to say that yep indeedy, we saw him on his very last tour. (Because we DID.)
In other music news, and before we shuffle the old Wheel O' iTunes and post the first ten songs that come up at random, did you guys see Beyoncé and Kendrick Lamar's performance at the BET Awards? Holy shit.
— BEYONCÉ LEGION (@Bey_Legion) June 27, 2016
All right, let's see what kinda songs come up in this week's shuffle. Here's the list:
- Robert Belfour - "Walkin' The Floor"
- Cryptacize - "Tail And Mane"
- ALAK - "My Love Is The Best"
- David Byrne & St. Vincent - "Who"
- Bunny's A Swine - "This Place Is A Meat Market, But I'm A Social Vegan"
- João Gilberto - "Aos Pés Da Cruz" (originally sung by Elizete Cardoso)
- Flash Hawk Parlor Ensemble - "Sleep At Last!" (live)
- Death Grips - "Thru The Walls"
- Chase Pagan - "The Lonely Life"
- Moon Taxi - "Mercury"
And here is your music:
And now you are in the comments, sharing all your favorite Paul Simon songs probably, because that's what you should do.