OMG It's Fall, Part II
From Oktoberfest to food made with apples and pumpkins to restaurants that are all nice and cozy for the crisp, chill days: Yes, fall is the perfect time to get fat.
- Tabard Inn: Not only is the Tabard Inn known for its incredible brunch (make a reservation and get the donuts), but it also boasts a charming fireplace that you can sit around while eating some of their mouth-watering desserts.
- Bistrot Lepic: This restaurant is another perfect fall hangout -- it has a cute, cozy lounge where you can drink delicious French wine. The restaurant offers FREE wine tastings on Tuesdays from 6PM to 8PM, and noting that man should have access to half-price high-end French wine all the time, they just launched an after work happy hour. All the wines on the all-French list are half-off from 5:30PM- 7PM, except for Tuesdays.
- Oktoberfest: Oktoberfest, a time to drink AND a time to eat. Art and Soul is offering a beer inspired dinner menu and Restaurant 3 has a special October menu through next Tuesday that includes bratwurst, schnitzel and pork loin. Yum.
- Zola Wine and Kitchen: For those DCers who excel at cooking in addition to eating, Zola Wine and Kitchen is offering fall themed cooking classes. The classes are pricey, but butternut squash is a hard vegetable to work with people. [Zola Wine and Kitchen]
- Wine Tasting: Wine tasting is a just a great all around activity, especially because you get to eat cheese. And, look at that, DC's neighbor, Virgina, is home to some pretty damn good wineries. Check out: Bluemont Vineyard, Sunset Hills, or Lost Creek Winery and Vineyards.