Peter Orszag Quitting White House; First Obama Administration Bigshot To Leave
Whoa looks like Rahm Emanuel can't even quit first. This from the Washington Post tonight: "White House budget director Peter Orszag has decided to leave the Obama administration, likely in the next few weeks, a Democrat familiar with his plans said Monday night. His departure would make him the first member of President Obama's Cabinet to leave the White House." NYT's got the same lede, give or take a few words. And, he's been "about to quit" for months now, so let's review his sexytime scandals.
- On his first weekend at work last year, Orszag nearly burnt down the White House.
- The Politico once called him one of the "hunks of Washington," which is gross. (Christopher Hitchens was on the list, too.)
- Oh yeah, there was this, when he ditched his pregnant girlfriend for some teevee gal:
- And then, by getting engaged to the ABC News gal, he drove Rahm Emanuel green with jealous rage.
- There was also that one time when he drove Mark Sanford crazy by denying this wingnut stunt to use stimulus money to pay down South Carolina's debt or whatever. And what was Mark Sanford doing, during this teabagger stunt? Banging an Argentinian mistress. Ha ha, these people.