Discover more from Wonkette
Ben Domenech's Bad Weekend
Because nobody loves you when yr down and out, the Ben Domenech backlash continues -- his buddies have turned on him like hipsters on indie bands who appear onThe O.C.(with the exception of RedState, which continues to kinda sorta defend him -- it's worth noting that the pseudo-mea culpa-cum-evasive defense posted by "Augustine" doesn't really make mention of the NRO piece which was really the nail in the coffin, while his latterapology reads a bit unnervingly like a MySpace Suicide note).
Here's your weekend roundup:
* Michelle Malkin is still taking this allveryseriously.
* His ol' student paper finds evidence that Domenech (irony of ironies) plagiarizedJonah Goldbergin their pages. Ben... seriously, you're supposed to plagiarize stuff that makes you look like agoodwriter.
* Jim Brady confirms it: there's gonna be another conservative hired in Domenech's place. (We still vote Adele, btw). Also fun in that article: P.J. O'Rourke, contacted at his home in Obscurity, New Hapshire, doesn't remember giving Domenech permission to, uh, steal from him.
* Ed Morrissey calls the attacks on Ben "unhinged" (a technorati search for that word will keep you entertained for hours, trust us), continuing the fun theme underlying a number of the conservative reactions to the Domenech thing: It was unreasonable of people to go digging for dirt on Domenech, but we find what they dug up disturbing.
* And here's the damning and exhaustive NRO review of Domenech's pieces for them.
Have a schadenfreudastic weekends, everyone.