Discover more from Wonkette
Candidates, Please Drink At Home Until After Election Day
Let's check in with Rep. Jim Gibbons of Nevada, who was about to become governor of the Silver State until somethinghappened outside a Vegas steak/seafood restaurant and bar:
* The Cocktail Waitress has not backed down from her charges that Gibbons assaulted her when she wouldn't go back to his motel.
* The bill for Gibbons' "flirty and dirty" drunkfest was "over $300."
* Nevada voters are now asking questions like, "So why was Gibbons allegedly helping somebody so drunk they could hardly walk get behind the wheel of a truck ?"
* The slurring, cussing and weird laughter heard on The Cocktail Waitress' 911 calls suggests the Gibbons threat was less than dire.
* Gibbons' political wizard Sig Rogich -- who helped Reagan and Bush 41 get to the White House back when he had moves -- clumsily begged the LV Review-Journal not to run the story, saying "This is the kind of story that can cost an election." Duh.
* What the hell was Gibbons thinking, getting drunk with a bunch of women (and without his wife) three weeks before Election Day, in public?
* Gibbons has since made the worst campaign pledge in history: "I learned an important lesson: Never to offer a helping hand to anybody ever again."
Gibbons' strategist regrets leaving candidate before incident [Las Vegas Sun]
EARLIER: Rape, Murder, It's Just a Shot Away