Hats off to Josh Marshall (and his tipster, "TT") at Talking Points Memo for this one: Back in October, Stupidest Man on the Internet Jim Hoft was shocked and horrified at the prospect that Barack Obama might abandon POW Bowe Bergdahl at the end of the Afghanistan War. And now that Bergdahl has been brought home, Stupidest Man on the Internet Jim Hoft is
Hoft: &quot;Josh, I never mentioned the number <b>FIVE</b> specifically, so no inconsistency, now <b>BACK OFF!</b>&quot;
Stupidest Man On The Internet has got to be my favorite Wonkette phrase. It really, really says a lot to anybody who has been on the internet for more than 5 years, quite an accomplishment.
So many of them are dusky. And poor.
Some even manufacture pre-babbies.
Sorry, was this an actual quote? Maybe from one of the links I didn&#039;t click because fuck?
Someone actually said (or, I suppose, tweeted) this?
Occam&#039;s Razor: He&#039;s a dick who won&#039;t #payup because he has no honor.
Well, isn&#039;t that special? The folks in Hailey, Idaho must be so fucking proud.
Cenk is, unfortunately, a dick. On a lot of matters, his positions are reasonable, so good fortune to him, but he is basically a dick.
Cenk, if you&#039;re reading this, please consider:
1. While they are medieval assholes, by most definitions the Taliban are not &quot;terrorists&quot;. Or, at least, not terrorists who attack the US.
2. Throughout the entire history of the United States, we have generally tried to repatriate our POWs at the end of conflicts. While they haven&#039;t always been successful, the negotiations have always included the possibility of prisoner trades.
3. The five prisoners who were traded for Bergdahl are not some kind of &quot;Taliban Dream Team&quot;. They are five guys who have been out of contact with the rest of the world for ten years. Maybe there are drones in their future. See Point 1 -- they aren&#039;t &quot;terrorists&quot;, or at least they didn&#039;t used to be.
4. If Bergdahl deserted, the UCMJ is capable of dealing with this. Butt the fuck out.
5. &quot;LEAVE NO MAN BEHIND&quot;. Cenk, dude, do you have any idea how important that slogan is? (Adjusting &quot;man&quot; to &quot;servicemember&quot;, which everybody already understands).
Ahh, I guess you don&#039;t. I was only in the military for a short while, but even I grasped the fundamental agreement between the upper echelons and the grunts -- we want to get back every live POW, and we want positive identification on all KIA/MIAs. We don&#039;t always get it, but that is what we want. Families deserve to know what the fuck happened. Living POWs deserve to come home, to face whatever they have to face. But at home.
Any Republicans or random &quot;progressives&quot; who don&#039;t understand this 200+-year-old policy should kindly go fuck themselves.
I have to admit, I like the cut of your jib.
It is, fucking All of them, Katie.
It&#039;s Frankenstien, Frankenstien.
Why has no one fired high velocity votes into Ollie North&#039;s neck, yet?
You are still good.
As long as he was useful to their &quot;Obummer left a man behind&quot; whining and screeching, the RWNJs didn&#039;t give a shit about how or why Berghdahl went AWOL. Now that he&#039;s no longer useful to them, though -- well, it&#039;s the most critical question imaginable.
&quot;Reagan proved deficits don&#039;t matter,&quot; says Dick Cheney.
&quot;But NOW they do! We have to cut the deficit at all costs!!&quot; *
*but don&#039;t cut any military programs that the military itself deems unnecessary, that perhaps benefit my state
My gawd where in the hell did all the Romneys come from these motherfuckers are flip flopping so fast you can keep up.Its like president Blackenstien has them jumping thru hoops just to see if they will paralyzes their damn selves