Discover more from Wonkette
Sacrifice Essential Liberties and SAVE!
Accountability's the name of the game here at Wonkette. That's why we were so excited to learn about the President's Management Agenda, in which government employees are obligated to prove that their programs are worth their cost to taxpayers. It comes, as all good Agendas do, with a handy website: expectmore.gov , wherein you can find the whole list of programs that ought to be "eliminated and/or trimmed back." First Draft did the necessary research (we have a policy against visiting government websites that aren't intended for children or that don't feature human-animal hybrids) and found a fun sampling of the government programs we can clearly do without. Some unnecessary wastes of your hard-earned cash include:
* Dept of Homeland Security Border Patrol
* Dept of Homeland Security Science and Technology: Threat and Vulnerability, Testing and Assessment
* Dept of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration: Air Cargo Security Programs
* Dept of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration: Baggage Screening Technology
* Dept of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration: Federal Air Marshal Service
* Dept of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration: Passenger Screening Technology
Dead weight! Get rid of it! And while we're at it, heads oughtta roll at another agency that made the shitlist: the State Department's Public Diplomacy program. Headed by Karen Hughes, who, we're totally 100% confident, will be cleaning out her desk by the end of the day.
Bush Says: Fire Karen Hughes! [first draft]