Discover more from Wonkette
WHCD Bloomberg Party: Field Reports
Emails from operatives don't really count as reporting, do they? (NYT, we're still waiting for you to get back to us on that!) We hear but cannot vouch for the following:
•Why wasCandice Bergenand her daughter seen getting into a USNEWS Chrysler at the White House Correspondents' Dinner on Saturday night? Seems that Bloomberg didn't supply a limo . . . [ It was only two blocks away. Christ. - Ed. ]
•Our little contingent saw:
- some blonde girl (Vanessa Kerry?) playing zone defense onBen Affleckin the smoker's courtyard, literally boxing out the other ladies who attempted to go near him.
-Lloyd Grovepalm some woman's ass as she went up the stairs ahead of him.
- Grove (again) painfully explaining who he was to a very young brunette. . . "No. . . it's a gossip column. Yeah. . . New York. . . I used to write one here. . . "
- a senior network correspondent describeJessica Lynchas "smokin' hot."
- The White House press shop boys doing shots over near the "grassy knoll" (porta-potties).
- And we give an extra-special shout-out toMike Allenwho was so tanked that he kept leaving his award all over the place.
•i thought [the Bloomberg paty] was beautiful (how much do you figure it cost them, what with the forest of trees with all the candleabra in them?) but so hot (temperature-wise) that we only stayed for abour half an hour. my favorite moment there, i think, wasal frankenpointing a finger across the room atpaul wolfowitzand shouting "FUCK YOU!" [ I can't believe I missed this! - Ed.]