This week, Barney Frank, Bob Allen, Ken Mehlman, Ben Stein, Maria Bartiromo and Robert Novak were all spotted being various degrees of famous at various places by our spies and operatives. Voyeuristic fun, as always, is after the jump.
See someone we've heard of somewhere in or near the district? Tell us about it in an email, with the subject line "Wonk'd" or "Sighting."
* Barney Frank...on 17th street obviously. With a few younger gentleman.
* Saw "Twenty Dollar Bob" Allen in the 2nd floor men's room of the House Office Building at the Phallic Phlorida Capitol in Tallahassee on Thursday. Thankfully he didn't offer me money or a blow job. Probably because I'm not a big black cop. Also he didn't wash his hands. Gross.
* Saw Kenny Mehlovesmen (aka Ken Mehlman) walking VERY fast up Wisconsin St in Georgetown this evening (10/6). I don't know what he was tapping but he looked like he just might have been bashed by Tucker Carlson.
* Saw fellow Blair H.S. alum Ben Stein having a late dinner at Bangkok Joes at about 10 on Friday night. He was with a female companion and sitting outside, hopefully not being bothered by the legions of drunk bar-goers stumbling past on their way to and from the waterfront scene.
* Seen around 6:15 on Thursday night, CNBC's Maria Bartiromo. She was waiting for a table at Thunder Grill at Union Station, and wasn't too happy about it. She was "discussing" the matter with the host and then stormed away, bringing an assistant (who was obviously carrying both their luggage and looked like a Himalayan sherpa) in tow.
* Just saw Robert Novak walking near 17th and K around Farragut. His eyes were red and as per usual he looked really pissed off about something (someone's not putting out in the McDonald's bathroom, maybe?).