Ron Paul's Aide Calls Him 'Cross Between Bob Marley and Obi-Wan Kenobi'
This week, Ron Paul (Twice!), Dana Delany, Gary Sinise, Hayden Panettiere, William Cohen, Margaret Carlson and Jay Carney were all spotted being various degrees of famous at various places by our spies and operatives. Voyeuristic fun, as always, is after the jump.
See someone we've heard of somewhere in or near the district? Tell us about it in an email, with the subject line "Wonk'd" or "Sighting."
* Dana Delany was spotted speaking at a NARAL Pro-Choice America event on Tuesday at the Omni Shoreham. She looked amazing, and was such an eloquent speaker!
* I saw Gary Sinise last night at the Capitol Hill Club. He showed up after the SOTU and poked around the lobby then left 5 minutes later. I was smoking a cig outside and could only bring myself to say, "Hey Gary man."
* Was just with Hero's star Hayden Panettiere in an elevator in the Capitol - very cute and very short in person. She was lobbying to save the whales with a camera crew in tow.....and lot's of hill staffers.
* My wife and I flew back from Las Vegas in September. We landed in LAX and at baggage claim who else was there but Ron Paul. He had several people milling about and his Josh Lyman type guy came up to me and said "That's Ron Paul. You've got to meet him. He's like a cross between Bob Marley and Obi-Wan Kenobi." I guess he figured since I'm young-ish and look like I surf a lot (I kinda do actually) that I'd react positively to that. First of all, I knew who the fuck Ron Paul was and didn't need an explantion and second: Bob Marley and Obi-Wan Kenobi? Really? He sized me up and figured THAT combo would make me jump up and down and insist on meeting the man? Or is that just the standard pitch for the dude? Bob Marley and Obi-Wan. What does that even mean? A pot smoking jedi master? Are we fighting terrorists or Darth Vader? Anyway... they all marched off to the chant "Ron Paul for President! President Ron Paul!". This was before we all figured out he is bat shit crazy of course, so it was kinda fun to check him out.
* Saw Ron Paul shopping at the Harris Teeter in Alexandria about an hour ago. Looking very un-presidential, I almost said I was sorry to hear about him being out of the race when I shut up realizing that I didn't really know if he was or not. He shook my hand and said he was glad I was following the race. Saw him shortly after pumping his own gas and cleaning his windshield. He is really just like you and me! Lol, guess I really do live near DC. Now if I could just see that toe-tapper...
* Just saw former SecDef William Cohen at the baggage claim at National. Or, more accurately, I just saw him on the VIP line at Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv, then at the baggage claim in Newark, then at the gate at Newark, THEN at the baggage claim at National. I can't tell who's following whom, but I CAN tell you he travels in a full suit, tie, and pocket square, had wife Janet Langhart (large sunglasses, some sort of hat) in tow, and was accompanied the entire way by some guy I probably should have recognized but didn't.
* Margaret Carlson and Jay Carney (or some other tall blond dude, I couldn't see his face) had dinner at Ardeo in Cleveland Park last night... She seemed VERY happy to see him. They talked about how it takes her a day to write a column and the trouble with keeping a good nanny.