Take Your Mom Out To Thank Her For Not Aborting You
Mother’s Day is really, really soon -- it’s this Sunday, May 9! Hopefully you perused our handyMother's Day gift guide and already picked out the ideal thong to give your mom on this special day. But don’t stop there! The babymaker of your life deserves brunch at a nice restaurant too, doesn’t she?
Taking your mom out to brunch on this day is the only known way to show her that you love her those other 364 days a year. If your mom doesn’t live in DC, you’re not off the hook. Send her a gift card or at least treat yourself to an elaborate brunch in her honor.
When you take your mother to one of the establishments listed below, don't just thank her for not aborting you so many years ago. Also make sure you promise to put her in a really, really nice old age home when she gets all senile and decrepit.
- Proof: Super swanky wine bar Proof is hosting their first ever Mother's Day brunch (aw!) and they will be welcoming moms with a complimentary glass of Champagne (double aw!). Their a la carte brunch will be offered from 11AM-3PM on Sunday, and the menu includes Salmon with spring peas, Crispy Soft Shell Crab with fingerling potatoes, asparagus, and anchovies as well as other fancy dishes.
- Rasika: If your mom really likes Indian food, there is no better place to take her than Rasika. From 11:30AM-2:30PM on Sunday, Rasika will be offering a special brunch for $30 a person. Their menu includes such items as Chiicne Tikka Omelets, their famous Palak Chaat, a Mixed Seafood Grill, and Scottish Salmon.
- Potenza: Or perhaps your mother prefers Italian food? Potenza is offering a "mouthwatering" a la carte brunch on Sunday from 11AM-3PM. Their menu includes Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, Porcini Mushroom Hash and Eggs, Lobster Tomato Fusilli as well as other dishes that should also make your mouth water.
- Blue Duck Tavern: Maybe your mom only wants super-duper organic locally grown hormone-free food this Mother's Day? If so, go to Blue Duck Tavern for their earth-friendly Mother's Day brunch that includes such offerings as Belgian Waffles with huckleberry marmalade, Sunny-side Eggs with cod cakes, Scrambled Eggs with rock shrimp roasted halibut and Prime Rib with horseradish. The brunch goes from 10:30AM-3:30PM on Sunday.
- Co Co. Sala: Sources say that women who have had children really, really enjoy chocolate. As sources never lie, take your mom to heavenly chocolate place Co Co. Sala for their three-course brunch menu. It starts with an amuse bouche of warm chocolate fritters with brown-butter/caramel sauce, and is followed by your choice of citrus-ricotta pancakes, a twice-baked cheese soufflé, french toast s'mores, or another ridiculously rich dish. Finish with your choice of dessert from the chef's special Mother's Day dessert display. The brunch is from 11AM-4PM.