* Andy Rooney discusses his FOURTEENTH book Out of My Mind at Politics & Prose. Free at 7PM. [P&P]
* Tranquil Space Yoga (in Dupont Circle) founder Kimberly Wilson talks about her book Hip Tranquil Chick: A Guide to Life on and off the Yoga Mat at Olsson's. Free at 7PM. [Olsson's]
* Emily Haines (Broken Social Scene [UPDATE: Yes, Liz, and Metric]) at the 9:30 Club with The Soft Skeleton and the Tall Firs. [9:30 Club]
* Gail Pressberg discusses The Promise and Politics of Stem Cell Research at Olsson's. The book features an intro by Mary Tyler Moore, but we don't think she'll be there. Feel free to periodically cry "Oh, Rob!" anyway. [Olsson's Event Calendar]
* Or crash a lobbying firm's office party: The Carmen Group will get you drunk at 7:30 p.m. in the National Music Center and Museum Foundation at the Historic Carnegie Library Building.