Was There a Serenade Involved?
Here's your All Foley All the Time 5:30 p.m. roundup:
* Did Foley make late-night drunken appearances at the pages' dorms on Capitol Hill? Was he "turned away" by poor kids who were trying to get some sleep or have sex with people their own age? Congresswoman Deborah Pryce, R-Ohio, wants the truth! [Tallahassee Democrat]
* David Corn asks "How can I score political points while maintaining smug moral superiority?" and comes up with the perfect answer: Name the senators and representatives who employ the homosexuals, but not the actual gay people working for them. [David Corn]
* Denny Hastert hates homosexuals so much that he never once spoke to Mark Foley -- okay, maybe once -- despite Foley's 12 years in office and also being deputy whip ... you know, part of the House Republican leadership. [Washington Post]
* Oh, and Hastert's office knew about Foley's little problem in 2004. [TPM Muckraker]
* This is not looking good for the Democrats. [Tomorrow's Jonah Goldberg column]