When I Am An Old Lady I Shall Be Ungrateful, And Several Other Most Excellent Outbound Links!
- Is your mom this old lady? No, because your mom is not a professor emerita of English. Your mom is, however, ungrateful and ungracious. MOMS! SO COMPLICATED!
- Is New Pope rocking your world? Is Pope Francis going to be the next John XXIII? (Gonna go with yes, and also "callllled ittttt.")
- Why have we been ignoring the news of Betsy Rothstein, whom Wonkette wants to be when we grow up (no we don't), leaving FishbowlDC and moving on to Tucker Carlson's Stormfront By Tucker Carlson? Well, because we didn't have much to say that wasn't just "Betsy Rothstein is human garbage" piling-on. As Erik Wemple ably pointed out, the roots of our feud are boring and the details even boringer. Let's just say Rothstein is "intellectually dishonest," and "loves to lie" and also "loves to talk about 'the journey' or whatever, because she is a The Bachelor contestant apparently," and leave it at that. But does The New Republic leave it at that? IT DOES NOT!
- Here is a rather marvelous review of Double Down, written by one "Michael Kinsley." Despite being written by one "Michael Kinsley," it is not at all a four-page #slatepitch!
- And finally, Neal Pollack went on Jeopardy and won all the muneez. He wrote about it! It is entertaining! It is quite a good read! Also, Neal Pollack once put us in one of his books, as "Commie Girl," who wrote for the East Village Other and spent her afternoons shooting up on the fire escape! So you should probably read them both.
Rebecca Schoenkopf is the owner, publisher, and editrix of Wonkette. She is a nice lady, SHUT UP YUH HUH. She is very tired with this fucking nonsense all of the time, and it would be terrific if you sent money to keep this bitch afloat. She is on maternity leave until 2033.