Alison MossAllison Maassangela merkelBob LochnerBriana Keilercnndarrel issaDmytro Firtashdncdonorsdoxxintelligence communityJame Okeefelisa murkowskiMark Mewadowsmichael cohenOleg Deripaskapaul manafortpollspt news breifrachel maddowruss feingoldsan diegoTriumphtrumpTrump Tax
2016 State/Local ElectionsAugust 18, 2016 09:11 AM
Wonkagenda: Thursday, August 18, 2016
- Paul Manafort's missing Russian funny money problems are getting worse now that ties between him and Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs are apparently deeper than first thought.
- The intelligence community and Donald Trump don't like or trust each other, but they'll probably still show up at each other's birthdays because their moms will make them.
- Trump's new CEO Stephen Bannon finds Trump to be nothing more than a "blunt instrument" useful at cementing an American nationalist movement. Yep!
- Big name DNC donors are pretty pissed about being doxxed as DNC donors.
- Vox's science bozos have a new thingy called "Trump Tax" where they show how deep Trump is dragging down-ballot Republican candidates into the gutter each day.
- The House Ethics Committee's Office of Congressional Ethics is pretty sure North Carolina Rep. Mark Meadows was paying his former Chief of Staff after he was fired for being totes inappropes.
- Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski blew her primary opponent, Bob Lochner, out of their caribou country primary with a 72 percent win.
- One of the biggest, richest pieces of garbage in Congress, Darrel Issa, might actually have to stop screwing with decent human beings because San Diegans are for out for blood and his job.
- Chuck Grassley, Chair of the Sen. Judiciary Committee, really wants to release the FBI notes on Clinton's emails because he's not done beating a dead horse to death again, but Clinton campaign chair John Podesta is already saying reporters are calling him to verify information, suggesting someone already leaked it.
- Jan Brewer just wants you to know she had an honest whoopsy-daisy when she called Hillary Clinton a "lying killer". Right...
- The speechwriter for TrumpCon's Benghazi mom might vote for Clinton because Trump has "epic deficiencies."
- Trump's new campaign tactic is calling Hillary Clinton America's Angela Merkel because white flight, or ethnonationalism, or Nazis?
- A James O'Keefe poseur tried to pose as James O'Keefe posing as a Russ Feingold volunteer until her bullshit fell apart. Kids these days!
- Rachel Maddow thoroughly debunked the Clinton health conspiracy, then showed how wingnuts make bogus talking points out of magic bullshit.
- Trump's camp doesn't know which polls they're behind in because the lamestream media is just full of LIBRUL bias.
Dominic is a broke journalist in Chicago. You can find him in a dirty bar talking to weirdos, or in a gutter taking photos.