Wonkette's Top Ten Stories Of The Week Put On A Really Big Show
This week, I bring you the future of CGI and AI and whatever else ... of 1998. For some reason, someone at UPN in 1998 thought it would be a super great idea to bring back "The Ed Sullivan Show." There was one big problem, however. Ed Sullivan had been dead for over two decades at that point. No matter! They brought him back. But as a wise man once said, maybe "what's dead should stay dead."
Virtual Ed Sullivan Show Tap Dogswww.youtube.com
Yeah, no, that is upsetting. It's not right.
The lone video clip available of this show/shew/shoe features a group called The Tap Dogs, which were a thing back then — along with Riverdance and Stomp! and other percussive dance-based acts. They actually came to my high school one time and I think even stayed in touch with some of the dance kids. (I was not one of the dance kids)
Given the outfits I am not sure how they comport with my theory of tap dancing being the handsomest of all talents, but I'd have to see them not tap dancing to make a sufficient judgment.
And here are your top ten stories of the week!
10. Everyone Super Excited For Our Yearly Satanic Illuminati Ritual?
9. Welcome To Wonkette Happy Hour, With This Week's Cocktail, The Cocoa Negroni!
8. Mike Pence Has Some Good F-ing Lawyers
7. Wonkette Weekend Chat: Why Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Supervillain, Not 'White Trash'
6. Did You Need More Proof Trump Knew There Was No Fraud? Okay, WaPo Brought You Some.
5. HAPPY SCHLAPP-ENTINES DAY, Y'ALL!
4. If Team Trump Is Sh*tting Itself This Much Over THESE Georgia Grand Jury Excerpts, Imagine What's Under Seal
3. ‘America, It’s Bad. I’m Nikki Haley.’
2. Mean Feds Took Away Trump's Classified Reverse Night Light Binky Folder, Now His Bedroom's Too Bright :(
1. 'Why Hath Disney And Chick-fil-A Forsaken Us?' Fox Columnists Cry Desperately Into The Night
Did reading these stories give you a sudden urge to shower us with money and jewels? If so, you can join our Patreon, or buy our merch!
You can even send us paper checks to
PO Box 38273
Detroit MI 48238
OR use this handy widget below! Just click the amount you want to donate, click one-time or monthly, and then be sure to click "Paypal" if you are Paypal or "Stripe" if you don't have Paypal, or your money will not go through!
Robyn Pennacchia is a brilliant, fabulously talented and visually stunning angel of a human being, who shrugged off what she is pretty sure would have been a Tony Award-winning career in musical theater in order to write about stuff on the internet. Follow her on Twitter at @RobynElyse