Wonkette's Weekly Top Ten Is A Game Of Chess, But No One’s Taking This Queen Down
Hello and happy weekend to you all!
Here is some inside baseball for you — we here at Wonkette sometimes get some fairly strange PR emails that have absolutely nothing to do with politics or anything we actually cover here. Or which are incredibly confused about what we cover here, like the time this lady spent two months sending me nauseating emails about her website's page on Jordan Peterson that she wanted me to backlink to, without even bothering to read the actual article she wanted her link in to see that it was not exactly a glowing review of this man.
I finally gave up and emailed her back to inform her of this and helpfully suggested she try The Daily Stormer instead, to which she responded "Thanks for the recommendation Robyn Pinocchio ," a thing I haven't really heard much since elementary school. Professionalism!
This week I got a PR email about an upcoming Christmas movie — The Housewives of the North Pole starring Kyle Richards of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. This is a little bit more fair as I, personally, tweet about the Housewives sometimes, but it doesn't make a lot of sense for Wonkette (though I am not exactly a Kyle fan). Still, I always like to post some kind of weird media on the top ten and the trailer they sent me for the movie is bananas.
The Housewives of the North Pole | Official Trailer | Peacock Originalwww.youtube.com
Ah yes, a heartwarming tale about a lifelong friendship between two very weird ladies being destroyed over a competition over who has the best Christmas decorations, which we can fairly assume will be mended by the end of this movie when their star-crossed lover kids announce they are getting married, probably while wearing green and red sweaters. Good times!
I'm also just going to drop this gem from this season of The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City in here because probably very few of you have seen it, and ... just watch it.
I have watched this no less than 10 times #RHOSLCpic.twitter.com/F6WESymcOI— samantha bush (@samantha bush) 1633364640
Anyway, here are your top ten stories of the week.
10. Let’s All Cherish The Moment When Dr. Fauci Mocked GOP Seditionist Ted Cruz On National TV
9. Trump DOJ Lawyer Jeffrey Clark Lands It Like Hindenberg With Jan. 6 Committee
8. You Bought Nothing Yesterday. Now It's Time To WONKETTE BAZAAR!
7. Trump Sure Doesn't Want 1/6 Committee To See His Presidential Records! A Live Blog!
6. Republicans Say Omicron Variant Is Plot To Steal Election, Storm Border, Other Things Probably We Bet
5. Tucker Finds Non-White Person To Stick Up For. Maaaaybe.
4. Crap Words From Dr. Oz's Senate Announcement, Or Crap Medical Advice He Gave On His Show? A QUIZ!
3. Rod Dreher Has Heard Of Hiney-Lickers And Rumors Of Hiney-Lickers, At Princeton!
2. Some Insufficient Words About Stephen Sondheim
1. Right-Wing Conspiracists Come Up With Most Moronic Theory Yet
And we'll be back in a hot minute with some actual news. Maybe. If you're lucky.
Did reading these stories give you a sudden urge to shower us with money and jewels? If so, you can join our Patreon, or buy our merch, or do your Amazon shopping through our link, or even send a check in the mail to
PO Box 361
Polson MT 59860
or use this handy widget below! Just click the amount you want to donate, click one-time or monthly, and then be sure to click "Paypal" if you are Paypal or "Stripe" if you are not Paypal, or your money will not go through!
Robyn Pennacchia is a brilliant, fabulously talented and visually stunning angel of a human being, who shrugged off what she is pretty sure would have been a Tony Award-winning career in musical theater in order to write about stuff on the internet. Follow her on Twitter at @RobynElyse