Barack Obama Clears His Throat
We already knew that, despite precedent and tradition that usually says outgoing presidents will STFU for a while and let new presidents crack their knuckles, stretch their legs and get about the business of governing, former president (*sob!*) Barack Obama is willing to speak up about the presidency of Loser Cheeto Satan Hitler, because unprecedented times call for unprecedented measures.
So, after ten whole days of Donald Trump stepping on his hands, shaking around his dick, and acting like a little tiny dictator, and presumably after a nice vacation where Mr. and Mrs. O drank a lot of wine and sexed each other in Palm Springs, the former president issued a statement through his spokesman Kevin Lewis on Monday afternoon, in regards to Trump's little racist, unconstitutional Muslim ban and the YOOGE, ANGRY national response to it:
President Obama is heartened by the level of engagement taking place in communities around the country. In his final official speech as President, he spoke about the important role of citizens and how all Americans have a responsibility to be the guardians of our democracy — not just during an election but every day.
Citizens exercising their Constitutional right to assemble, organize and have their voices heard by their elected officials is exactly what we expect to see when American values are at stake.
With regard to comparisons to President Obama’s foreign policy decisions, as we’ve heard before, the President fundamentally disagrees with the notion of discriminating against individuals because of their faith.
HI BARACK OBAMA HI, HAVE YOU COME BACK TO SAVE US NOW, HOW ARE YOU DOING, ARE YOU FEELING RESTED?
A few notes, in bullet point form:
- No, he didn't say much, but did you not see in the headline where we described this as Barack Obama "clearing his throat"? He is just getting started, RIGHT, MR. FORMER PRESIDENT, YOU ARE JUST GETTING STARTED, CORRECT?
- The Huffington Post notes that maybe Barry Bamz felt the need to speak up since one of the Trump regime's excuses for why his Muslim ban executive order was OK is that it's the "same thing" Obama did in 2011, banning Iraqi refugees for six months.
- Wonkette notes that Trump's argument right there is bullshit. (Actually, that link goes to Foreign Policy, noting that Trump's argument is bullshit. As Wonkette and Foreign Policy are very similar publications, you'll forgive our mistake.)
- Wonkette also notes that this statement came before the Monday Night Massacre, where Fuehrer
Nixon TrumpSteve Bannon fired Sally Yates, acting attorney general of the United States, and also removed Daniel Ragsdale from his position as acting director of U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE). (He is still deputy director.) Something tells us Barry Bamz might have a little bit more to say in the coming days.
- HE BETTER HAVE MORE TO SAY.
- (Save us?)
Finally, a style note. There is a big argument on intertubes, by your editrix, because argue on intertubes is sort of her thing, about whether Obama should be referred to in this statement as "President Obama" or "former president Obama" or "Mr. Obama," but for the purposes of this unique time in American history, Wonkette declares that the correct form of address is "Shadow President of our Hearts and Also Pants Barack Obama." Put that in your pipe, Miss Manners!
Donald Trump's official title will of course remain "Grandpappy Pussgrab."
Evan Hurst is the managing editor of Wonkette, which means he is the boss of you, unless you are Rebecca, who is boss of him. His dog Lula is judging you right now.
Follow him on Twitter RIGHT HERE.