Breitbart Commenter Watch: Is This 'Ms. Veteran America' Pageant Terrible Or Merely The Worst?
Why isn't she shooting Muslims? Breitbart has been cucked!
So we know all true patriots love the Vets, and the Troops. But the folks at Dead Breitbart's House of Free-Floating White Male Rage aren't quite sure what to do with a remarkably anodyne rewrite of a CBS News story about a "Ms. Veteran America" competition, which the article says is "aimed at showcasing the woman beyond the uniform," and "helping some of the more than 204,000 women currently serving in the U.S. military find their identities," which sounds like awfully liberal-squishy language for the "platform for the 'alt-right.'"
There's a lot of direct quotes from the CBS News piece by Brietbarteer Edwin Mora, presumably so he can say he doesn't really have an opinion about this here pageant, especially since the story often comes dangerously close to noticing that the military experience is not the same for men and women, a point with which the commenters are very displeased.
The annual competition is organized by Major Jas Boothe.
“When people look at my uniform, they see Major Boothe; they don’t see me as a wife, they don’t see me as a mother,” Boothe told CBS News. “We have to somehow erase a little bit of our identities as women in order to blend in and serve in the military.”
Maj. Boothe indicated that Ms. Veteran America has helped her find her identity again.
Through its official website, Ms. Veteran America explains that its annual competition “highlights more than the strength, courage, and sacrifice of our nation’s military women, but also reminds us that these women are Mothers, Daughters, Sisters and Wives.”
The commenters are not pleased, nossiree. In among the "Thank you for your service" and "She can be my clearing barrel anytime" comments, some displeasure (see if you can spot the comments with which we agree!):
- As a female veteran this kind of divisiveness bothers me. The point of being in uniform is uniformity. In that uniform we all have the same objective. If you don't want to be treated the same as your fellow troops you should find another path. The military isn't designed to cater to feelings, individual needs, personal wants.
- I like the idea and I don't...... Women want to be equal with men and then proceed to separate themselves. Just as minorities have. More Liberalism on display.
- "Ms. Veteran America Contest Helps Female Troops". No it don't. Don't dishonor the spirit of your service. Thruout history women have made great warriors. Let that be your goal and your pride. [Username: JohnGalt -- SO THERE! -- Ed.]
- Ah, beautiful... But would be more beautiful when holding a jihadist freak at gunpoint.
- “When people look at my uniform, they see Major Boothe; they don’t see me as a wife, they don’t see me as a mother,” Boothe told CBS News. “We have to somehow erase a little bit of our identities as women in order to blend in and serve in the military.”
get a burh-kah. you are who you think you are, not what someone else thinks.
- What the hell do they join the military FOR anyway? Making women feel guilty about being stay at home mothers was the first major coup for the Cultural Marxists.
- What about all those new transgender soldiers with their Army issue red high heel shoes?
- You people are all morons falling for the feminist BS. Women should not be in direct combat.
They can be rhaped and impregnated if the become POWs.
There's no reason why mothers should risk leaving orphaned children.
- So male veterans aren't Fathers, Sons, Brothers and Husbands?? Why does anyone need reminding that people who serve are more than fighting machines or weapons, but people who deserve full, rich lives like anyone else?
- Now the military will have to have a LBGT beauty contest too. The military is not allowed to discriminate.
Stupid women. Suck it up and keep fighting. Or stop demanding to be treated differently. Or don't fight at all, you're ruining things. Just... go do lady stuff, OK?
Doktor Zoom's real name is Marty Kelley, and he lives in the wilds of Boise, Idaho. He is not a medical doctor, but does have a real PhD in Rhetoric. You should definitely donate some money to this little mommyblog where he has finally found acceptance and cat pictures. He is on maternity leave until 2033. Here is his Twitter, also. His quest to avoid prolixity is not going so great.