Donald Trump Gets Mighty Touchy When A Black Man Threatens To Sue Ivanka, Huh?
Why did Donald Trump wake up Saturday morning and decide to launch a racist attack against Congressman Elijah Cummings? Why the hell does Donald Trump do anything -- it's Fox News, of course. Anyone who tells you the president is executing some kind of master strategy in a high-stakes game of eleven-dimensional chess is delusional. He's just a demented rat running on Rupert Murdoch's wheel.
But let's pull back and ask a slightly different question: Why is FOX going after Cummings now? And why is Donald Trump so delighted to go along with the attack? Aside from the obvious fact that Cummings is a black Democrat from a state that hasn't voted for a Republican president in 30 years, of course. Well it might have something to do with a Resolution passed on Friday by the House Oversight Committee empowering its chair, one Elijah Cummings, to subpoena the personal communications of "non-career" White House employees to determine if there were violations of the Presidential Records Act.
Spoiler Alert: That means Jared and Ivanka.
But Chairman Cummings is smart enough to play it coy, saying, "The Committee has obtained direct evidence that multiple high-level White House officials have been violating the Presidential Records Act by using personal email accounts, text messaging services, and even encrypted applications for official business—and not preserving those records in compliance with federal law. What we do not yet know is why these White House officials were attempting to conceal these communications." And if that sounds to you like he's calling out the Trump Administration for engaging in the very same conduct they've been accusing Hillary Clinton of for four straight years, you would be correct!
Here's what Cummings is authorized to go after:
1. All Presidential records sent or received by non-career officials at the White House using non-official electronic messaging accounts from January 21, 2017, to the present, including records created using text messages, phone-based message applications, or encryption software, that were not forwarded to the official accounts of the employees within 20 days;
2. All communications sent or received by White House employees, including employees in the National Security Council, from January 21, 2017, to the present, about whether messages sent or received by non-career officials through non-official electronic messaging accounts, including text messages, phone-based message applications, or encryption software, were classified or may contain classified information; and
3. All documents referring or relating to reports, allegations, or evidence of misuse of information technology systems by non-career officials at the White House, including reports of failure to protect sensitive information or reports of a failure to comply with White House policies for work-related communications, covering the time period from January 21, 2017, to the present.
The Resolution refers specifically to "Acting White House Chief of Staff John Michael 'Mick' Mulvaney," who may well be implicated in the cover up, but everyone knows this is about Jared and Ivanka. Their own lawyer confirmed to the Oversight Committee in March that these two dipshits -- AKA non-career officials -- used their private email accounts to conduct official government business, and Jared got caught conducting foreign policy with the murderous Saudi dictator Mohammed bin Salman via WhatsApp. So, if we might translate that Resolution into civilian English, it says:
1. We know Jared and Ivanka have been using BUTTERY MALES to communicate off the books. Hand 'em over!
2. We know you guys freaked out when you discovered this massive fuckup, so give us all your "Holy shit Jarvanka just screwed the pooch" emails, too.
3. We know you guys did an internal report on this, so add it to the pile.
The White House has been ignoring requests for info on this since before Jason Chaffetz noped out of his House seat to go make Mormon porn, or whatever he's doing now. White House Counsel Pat Cipollone is no doubt copy-pasting his standard, pissy "Oversight Is Illegal You Ain't My Daddy" memo right now. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. Luckily, Cummings is pre-authorized to file suit to compel the White House to produce the documents.
Lol, remember that time when then-Oversight Chair Trey Gowdy demanded the White House turn over every single email that contained the words "Hillary Clinton" and "Benghazi"? Pepperidge Farm -- and Elijah Cummings -- remembers.
Just a few years ago, President Trump and many Republicans demanded that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton provide thousands of her private emails to Congress as part of the Benghazi investigation. Rep. Gowdy, then the Chairman of the Benghazi Select Committee, demanded copies of all emails relating to Benghazi sent or received by Secretary Clinton using her personal email account. We received those documents, and I called for them to be made public. Our approach today should not be different merely because Donald Trump is President.
So, Donald Trump never needs much encouragement to launch into a racist diatribe, but it's a safe guess that the Oversight Committee's green light for Cummings to sue Jared and his sweet baby Vanky didn't help.
Have we mentioned it is long past time to drag these fuckers into court and get them to start obeying the law? We have. SUE BABY SUE, and the sooner the better.
Follow Liz (AKA your FDF) on Twitter!
Please click here to keep your Wonkette snarkin' in the free world!
Your FDF lives in Baltimore under an assumed identity as an upstanding member of the PTA. Shhh, don't tell anyone she makes swears on the internet!