MSNBC Welcomes Back Hitler Fanboy Racist Piece Of Filth Pat Buchanan Because That's All Behind Us Now
Every now and then, cable news gets something right. Not often -- see, for example, that time CNN reported that the Supreme Court had overturned Obamacare, except it was the opposite of that, or see, for example everything that has ever aired on Fox "News." But sometimes.
MSNBC had one such rare moment of sobriety in 2012, when it finally (read: belatedly) decided that giving air time to Pat Buchanan, one of the original poster boys for the worst kind of rightwing scum, was not such a good idea because even MSNBC's president Phil Griffin finally (read: belatedly) cringed so hard at Pat's blatant racism when, in his latest book, he bemoaned the end of white Christian America. As if Pat's indisputable despicability hadn't been on full display for decades, including right there on Griffin's very own network.
But MSNBC has fallen off the wagon and gone on a major bender, because Pat is back to pimp his newest book, Why I'd Still Get On My Knees And Fellate My Hero Richard Nixon If I Could, and the "Morning Joe" team couldn't be happier, because they had all the sads and thought it was very wrong when Buchanan was suspended in the first place. Pat was a "friend," you see, and "a member of the family," like that crazy racist uncle who sends you illiterate conspiracy theory emails and probably also touched you under the dinner table when you were a kid.
It would break the internet, as well as our souls, to even attempt to catalogue Pat Buchanan worst-kind-of-scum credentials, but in case your memory is a little rusty (lucky you), let's review some highlights:
- Pat is a birther. The kind of birther who said he was maybe willing to accept that the president was probably born in Hawaii, but still, he needed to personally review Obama's birth certificate to be certain, and why wouldn't Obama just show his birth certificate already, it really was HIS fault that scumbags like Pat had questions about it in the first place.
- Pat believes America's schools are failing because they are filled with black and Hispanic brains, which everyone knows are not as good as other kinds of brains, like the Anglo and Asian kinds.
- Pat has a real problem with The Jews. He warned that if Elena Kagan were confirmed to the Supreme Court, "Jews, who represent less than 2 percent of the U.S. population, will have 33 percent of the Supreme Court seats ... Is this the Democrats’ idea of diversity?" Of course, because Elena Kagan is now Justice Kagan, and The Jews run the Supreme Court and basically the world, everything's gone to hell, just like Pat predicted.
- Pat REALLY has a problem with The Jews. Years ago, he dabbled in Holocaust denial fantasies because he heard a rumor that testimony from Holocaust survivors was "unreliable," since so-called Holocaust survivors are prone to "group fantasies of martyrdom and heroics," and also, it was impossible for Jews to actually have been killed in Treblinka because science. Seriously. And just in case that doesn't convince you, he has, on several occasions, praised Hitler. You know, THE Hitler. The one guy almost everyone on the planet agrees is someone you do not praise because Hitler really was the worst, worse than Hitler. Not to Pat, though, who has called Hitler an "individual of great courage."
- Pat said this. He actually said this. He is one of those people:
First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.
I could go on. And on. And on. And on and on and on. The evidence that Pat Buchanan is a garbage person, so full of extra-spicy shit-flavored bile that you can smell his breath from here is slightly bigger than infinity. But you get the idea.
Alas, that's all behind us now, at least according to MSNBC. Sure, Pat may have said a thing or two (or three trillion) that some might consider uncouth, but hey, he's family, after all. And he's got this book to peddle. And who knows? Maybe he promised to be very, very good and keep his most vile thoughts to the airwaves of Fox, where of course he has always been welcome, and try hard as he can to demonstrate some restraint and not spew the absolute worst things still rattling around inside the shriveled prune that is his brain on the oh-so-liberal MSNBC.
We'll see how long that lasts.
Follow Kaili Joy Gray on Twitter. Just because.