bankruptcy bill nelson bob casey china claire mccaskill corporate tax cuts david axelrod debbie stabenow debt Florda AG heidi heitkamp indiana israel jimmy carter joe donnelly joe manchin john tester medicaid Medicare mike pence New York AG Obama palestine pam bondi pt News Brief school vouchers scott walker Seema Verma sherrod brown student loans tammy baldwin third term trump trump foundation trump international hotel Trump tax cuts trump university u.n. Wisconsin DNR
Obama Hates 22nd Amendment. Wonkagenda For Tuesday, December 27, 2016
- Israel is going to go ahead and build more settlements even though Obama, the ghost of Jimmy Carter, and the U.N. now hate all the Jews. Meanwhile, John Kerry will lay out his plans for yet another two-state solution. (Hint: the plan includes two states.) Meanwhile, Donald Trump is pissed because he's not allowed in the old U.N. boys and girls club to smoke sheehsa and eat baklava with the rest of the super secret Illuminati caliphate.
- Yesterday we told you about Obama having a heart to heart with David Axelrod, but you may have missed a comment he made about how, if he could, Obama would have run for a third term and beat Donald Trump, which naturally triggered Trump to tweet stupid nonsense. Stupid 22nd Amendment!
- New York's Attorney General is poking his head out of the nerd lounge to say that Donald Trump can't close his foundation because it's still under investigation for that time his charity coincidentally gave $25,000 to Florida A.G. Pam Bondi shortly after she dropped an investigation of Trump University.
- Republicans are eyeballing 10 Senate Democrats up for reelection in red states in 2018 with coupons for free back rubs and breakfast in bed, but it's still too early to see if macaroni pictures and primary threats will have any effect. [WSJ]
- Wisconsin's Department of Natural Resources has been quietly removing climate change references from its website and hoping that none of you science bozos would notice.
- If you're wondering what the U.S. might look like under Donald Trump, just look at Indiana where people are forced to fend for themselves, like special needs children who get left behind or the pathetic poor people on Medicaid who get screwed under Mike Pence's penalty system.
- The thought of graduating with a fancy LIBERAL arts degree and a mountain of student loan debt is terrifying, but thanks to Donald Trump, private student loan lenders are expected to see huge gains as they drown another generation in debt. Good thing that bankruptcy courts are hearing cases involving student loan debt or we might face another unwieldy debt bubble.
- As loan lenders salivate, corporations are rubbing their money boners at the thought of Trump's corporate tax cuts seeing as how they might be able to fire their work force and buy their competitors.
- Donald Trump has been trying to build hotels in China for at least eight years, which may explain why he's been complaining so much about doing business in a communist country.
- And now, your morning Nice Time: